Sunday, April 20, 2008

Monticello

Yesterday, Greg and I drove to Charlottesville, with the goal of visiting Monticello, former home of Thomas Jefferson. We got there late in the afternoon and thought we wouldn't be able to get onto the grounds. We were fortunate enough to be able to get there before they closed. Both of us had seen the inside of Jefferson's home before, so we concentrated our time on walking around the gardens. What a perfect day to be there! I don't think I have ever seen so may different types of tulips before! And on the the grounds were the biggest, most fragrant lilac trees ever! It was truly heavenly!










3 comments:

Angie said...

LOVE the photos of the flowers. You could print and frame them. Beautiful! I love Monticello.

The Loving Mom said...

Jean - It was so nice to see you this afternoon. Thank you, again, for allowing us to come by and visit you. Just wanted to mention that on Friday I had been talking with Tamar about going to Monticello sometime during the summer with the kids. Wow - check out your blog and see that you went there just recently! Love the pictures - you truly do have talent. :)

Jean Allen said...

Monticello is really a beautiful place. I had gone once before in the summer, but Greg really wanted us to go back in the spring. Once I was there I understood why. I couldn't get over how many flowers were blooming!