Saturday, September 20, 2008

Trigger Finger

Guess what I am enduring? Trigger finger! No, it doesn't mean I am quick with a 6 shooter, though I do enjoy a bit of target shooting. What it means, in layman's terms, is that my tendon in my left index finger has decided to lock up. When I reached for something yesterday, I felt a very sharp twang near the middle joint- it was like a current of electricity shot through me. So what does this mean??? I am left with an index finger that is temporarily bent and I cannot straighten it out at all without excruciating pain.


The first time this happened, a few years back, it lasted for only an hour or so. The last time it happened, a few months ago, it lasted for 2 weeks. I am thinking it's time to see a doc about this. What do ya think?

I have new, heartfelt empathy for people who have ANY kind of physical limitation. I know that this is just a minor inconvenience compared to many. But I forgot how difficult it is to bathe and wash my hair with one hand. Definitely not fun or easy!

Okay, my whining is over. If you'd like to read a sweet love story, read cjanerun. You know I have been following Nie Nie and Christian Nielsen's recovery. Her sister Courtney wrote a touching piece on her blogsite about when Stephanie and Christian met. Very sweet.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Trigger Finger?!? Oh Jean! I'm so sorry. I bet the kids will get a kick out of seeing it on Sunday!