Sunday, September 7, 2008

New Friends I've Never Met

Okay, I am not the greatest blogger. I knew that going into the blogosphere. I guess I just don't think a lot of exciting things are going on in our everyday lives (which is not necessarily a bad thing). More than updating my blog, I truly enjoy reading other blogs so I can keep up with the lives of my dear friends and family. From there, I love to check out the links to their families and friends, people I have never met. I have become acquainted with many new moms and families, people who have brought a smile to my face and inspired me to keep trying new things and to hang in there.

One blogsite I stumbled across came from a friend of a friend. I learned about Stephanie and Christian Nielsen, who, on August 16, were involved in a fiery, private plane crash. A pilot was killed. Christian, who is also a pilot, sustained burns over 20% of his body. His lovely young wife, Nie Nie, has burns over 80% of her body. Both are in critical condition. Even sadder is that they have 4 small children waiting at home for them, who are being cared for by relatives. I don't know Christian or Nie Nie, but I check Nie's recovery blogsite on a daily basis because I care about her and her husband and checking her site reminds me that I can help by praying or donating to help with their rehabilitation costs.

So today, Nie Nie and Christian, this blog's for you! May you recover steadily.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I too am loving this family.My prayers are with them